Saturday, October 2, 2010

Destination D

I was fortunate to attend D23's Destination D last weekend and met up with some old and new friends; it was a great time. As part of our registration we received a pack of postcards; and of course, since it is D23, there were 23 postcards.


Being a postcard collector I figured out in advance they would be reproductions of the first 23 postcards listed in The Nickel Tour. What I didn't expect was that they would be EXACT duplications; front AND back. The only thing that differentiated them from the originals was the quality of the paper. I was hoping there would be a different back with a brief description of the front, a little history of the card and the D23 Destination logo. If you want to see what the cards look like visit my site at http://disneylandpostcards.net/destination%20d/index.html.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I dunno, it kind of bothers me that D-23's special gifts are often repros of vintage items.

1. It's lazy

2. It could affect the value of the rare vintage items that cost the passionate collectors so much.

At LEAST they could have put a tiny D-23 logo on these cards somewhere.

Major Pepperidge said...

I forgot to add that it is just a matter of time before they release repros of the Art Corner cards... and maybe the Panoramas too. The PDF's would make an easy set to give away as well.