Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Art Corner "Animated" Postcards

A while back the Major at Gorillas Don't Blog featured three Squeaker cards from the Art Corner in Tomorrowland. I thought I would follow them up with a few Art Corner Animated cards. Below are Nickel Tour #0573 and #0575. They're standard size postcards with a plastic animated square attached to it.




But don't be fooled by the following cards; these are "knock off" cards not listed in The Nickel Tour. The paper cards themselves were produced from the same publisher but, as you can tell, the animated feature is smaller than the space provided. Someone probably had a surplus of cards and scrounged up what they could find to paste on them; besides, what does Donald lifting weights have to do with a mermaid under water?




You can check out the other Animated cards at www.DisneylandPostcards.net/0572-0578/.

3 comments:

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Just the coolest artwork. I love these cards.

Major Pepperidge said...

Those smaller flashers were also used on a Cheerios premium! I do have one of the Mickey cards that does NOT have the Art Corner text, but has the large flasher. Not sure what that's about...

Cyberdillo said...

Major; The only Mickey animated card I have without the Art Corner text has the smaller flasher. I guess there's another variation I need to look out for.