Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Latest Aquisition 1

I know this doesn't qualify as a postcard, as something of this type could not possibly survive the postal system, but if you take a look at the back you'll see why I had to add it to the collection.

Made of 1/8" particle board, this 6" x 12" souvenir was sold in the Art Corner in the late 50s to early 60s.
As you can see in the image below of the interior of the Art Corner, there's a rack in the center displaying these "cards".


Below is a close up of the rack.

I'm not sure how many of these there are, but looking at this image and another in my collection, I see at least five others.

1 comment:

Kevin Kidney said...

Oh very neat! I have the Goofy "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?" card. I can always count on it to bring me down when I start feeling overly good about myself.